See below a list of the planned activities of the RIAB Center for the next year and a half:
1) Monday, June 12th 2017 (at 14:00), a workshop on use of the biblical software “Accordance” by Dr. Leeor Gottlieb, to be held at Leipzig University.
2) Tuesday, June 13th, 2017 (11.00-13.00), a workshop on the linguistic dating of biblical texts, with Dr. Leeor Gottlieb and Prof. Louis Jonker (Univ. of Stellenbosch), to be held at Leipzig University.
3) Thursday, June 15, 2017: A workshop on “Social aspects of multi-linguistic settings in the Ancient Near East,” organized by Dr. Yuval Levavi. The workshop at BIU.
4) Tuesday, Nov. 14th, 2017: A workshop on identity in the ancient world in Leipzig, with the participation of Aren Maeir, Omer Sergei, and Izaak Cornelius (Univ. of Stellenbosch), as well as possible additional participants.
4) Monday, May 14th, 2018, at 14.00-18.00. The pre-Annual Conference Workshop (in Leipzig) on the Aramean ostraca from Idumea, with Bezalel Porten, Andre Lemaire, Israel Eph’al, Michael Langlois, Holger Gzella, Dirk Schwiderski, and others (chair – B. Porten)
5) Tuesday-Wednesday, May 15th-16th, 2018: Annual conference of the center (in Leipzig). General topic: Writing and Re-Writing of History through Destruction.
In addition, we are looking into additional activities (this year and possibly next), including:
1) A workshop on the excavations at Tel Abel Beth Maachah, by Nava Panitz Cohen and Naama Yahalom (to be held at BIU).
2) A joint field trip/workshop to Jordan with the Swiss/Israeli Synergia research group, tentatively planned for December, 2018