Upcoming Activities (2017-2018)
The following activities are currently planned for the 2017-2018 academic year. Additional activities may be posted in the future:
- On November 14th, 2017, the RIAB Center will conduct a research colloquium at Leipzig University on “(Re)Constructing Identities in the Bronze and Iron Age Levant”. If you are interested in participating, please contact Dr. Omer Sergi, who is organizing the colloquium. See here for the detailed program: Leipzig identity seminar-program Nov 2017.
- A Field trip to Aramean connected sites in northern Jordan, as a joint activity of the RIAB Minerva Center and the Lausanne/Tel Aviv History of the Pentateuch Synergia Project, tentatively planned for March, 2018.
- A workshop on masks in the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible and in the ancient Levant will be given by Prof. Angelika Berlejung (RIAB Center co-director), on Wednesday, April 25th, 2018, at Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan. See here for further details.
- A workshop on the Abel Beth Maacah excavations will be held on Thursday, April 26th, 2018, at the Institute of Archaeology, Hebrew University of Jerusalem. See here for further details.
- Pre-Annual conference workshop on the Aramean Ostraca from Idumea, to be held at Leipzig University, Monday, May 14th, 2018, organized by Prof. B. Porten.
- Annual Conference of the RIAB Minerva Center: “Writing and Re-Writing History by Destruction”, to be held at Leipzig University, Tuesday-Thursday, May 15th-17th, 2018.
- German-Israeli Minerva School Workshop entitled “Trade Routes between Aram and Israel in the Iron Age: A Multi-Disciplinary Examination of their Significance to Social and Cultural Exchange”, that is organized by A. Dagan, F. Hagemeyer, A. Kleiman and J. Stein, to be held in Israel on June 11th-15th 2018. The workshop will include lectures and a field trip to relevant regions and sites in northern Israel.