Upcoming Activities (2017)
The following activities are currently planned for 2017:
- January 19, 2017: Workshop on pottery assemblages from sites in southern Israel in relation to the Hazael destruction levels. The workshop will be held at BIU, and will include short lectures and a hands-on workshop of relevant pottery from various sites. Participation is by invitation only, but there are a few open places for researches and advanced students. If you are interested in participating, please contact Dr. Amit Dagan or Dr. Omer Sergi who are organizing the workshop. The full program will be published shortly.
- Feb. 13, 2017: A joint workshop with the BIU Bible Department, in which Dr. Leeor Gottlieb will demonstrate and teach the use of the “Accordance” Bible software. The workshop is for a small group and all places have already been reserved.
- March 1-3, 2017: The annual meeting of the RIAB center will be held in Israel, in collaboration with the Jeselsohn Epigraphic Center for Jewish History at BIU. The conference will focus on various topics relating to Aramaic and Hebrew epigraphy, inscriptions and related issues from the Iron Age through late Antiquity. The first day of lectures will be held at BIU and the 2nd at the Institute for Advanced Studies at HU in Jerusalem. The 3rd day will be a field trip to sites in the Shephelah. More details on the conference will be published in the near future.
- June 15, 2017: A workshop on “Social aspects of multi-linguistic settings in the Ancient Near East,” organized by Dr. Yuval Levavi. The workshop will be held at BIU. If you are interested in participating, please contact Yuval. More details on the workshop will be published in the near future.
- On November 14th, 2017, the RIAB Center will conduct a research colloquium at Leipzig University on “(Re)Constructing Identities in the Bronze and Iron Age Levant”. If you are interested in participating, please contact Dr. Omer Sergi, who is organizing the colloquium. See here for the detailed program: Leipzig identity seminar-program Nov 2017