Upcoming Activities (2018-2019)
List of planned events for the 2018/2019 academic year of the RIAB Minerva Center:
* RIAB Minerva Center workshop on the subject of “Palace-Clan Relations in the Ancient Near East” (organized by Dr. Omer Sergi), to be held in Leipzig, November 12-13, 2018. See here for the schedule: Minerva-RIAB- Palace Clan program_Nov2018
* RIAB Minerva Center workshop on the subject of “Votive offerings in Ancient Israel, Aram and Surrounding Cultures” (main presenter: Prof. Angelika Berlejung), to be held in Ramat-Gan, December 19, 2018.
* RIAB Minerva Center workshop on the subject of “Rulers and Rulership in Canaan: Between Egyptian Hegemony and Territorial states in LB-early Iron Canaan” (presenters, A. Berlejung, O. Sergi, I. Koch), to be held in Leipzig, January 15-16, 2019.
* RIAB Minerva Center Annual Meeting, on the subject of “Israel, Aram and the Phoenicians”, to be held in Ramat-Gan (BIU) and Jerusalem (IMJ), May 27-29, 2019.
Additional RIAB Minerva Center events for the 2018/2019 year will be announced at a later date.
Note: Mark your calendars for the dates of the 2020 RIAB Minerva Center Annual Meeting, to be held in Leipzig and Berlin (VAM), June 1-4, 2020.
These are the activities that were conducted during the 2017-2018 academic year:
- On November 14th, 2017, the RIAB Center conducted a research colloquium at Leipzig University on “(Re)Constructing Identities in the Bronze and Iron Age Levant”. See here for the detailed program: Leipzig identity seminar-program Nov 2017.
- A workshop on “State Formation and Identity in Ancient Israel: between Megiddo and Rehov”, conducted by Omer Sergi and Assaf Kleiman of Tel Aviv University, was be held at the Institut für Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft of the University of Leipzig on Wednesday, the 24th of January, 2018, at
Neuen Seminargebäude, Raum S 205, Campus Augustusplatz, of the University of Leipzig.
- An evening in honor of the appearance of Prof. Michael Sokoloff’s 3rd edition of “A Dictionary of Jewish Palestinian Aramaic”, was held on Wednesday, March 21st, 2018, at Bar-Ilan University. See here for further details.
- A workshop on masks in the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible and in the ancient Levant was given by Prof. Angelika Berlejung (RIAB Center co-director), on Wednesday, April 25th, 2018, at Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan. See here for further details.
- A workshop on the Abel Beth Maacah excavations was held on Thursday, April 26th, 2018, at the Institute of Archaeology, Hebrew University of Jerusalem. See here for further details.
- Pre-Annual conference workshop on the Aramean Ostraca from Idumea, was held at Leipzig University, Monday, May 14th, 2018, organized by Prof. B. Porten.
- Annual Conference of the RIAB Minerva Center: “Writing and Re-Writing History by Destruction”, was held at Leipzig University, Tuesday-Thursday, May 15th-17th, 2018.
- German-Israeli Minerva School Workshop entitled “Trade Routes between Aram and Israel in the Iron Age: A Multi-Disciplinary Examination of their Significance to Social and Cultural Exchange”, that is organized by A. Dagan, F. Hagemeyer, A. Kleiman and J. Stein, was held in Israel on June 11th-15th 2018. The workshop included lectures and a field trip to relevant regions and sites in northern Israel.